Sep 14, 2014

September is Fashion Month

I've been surviving successfully in the city for four weeks now: I've been to the MET, the Cloisters, MoMA, and the Whitney, I've been in the live audience of America's Got Talent and Live! With Kelly and Michael, and I've volunteered at my first fashion week show! Yes, I still have a lot of homework to get done in-between. To catch up a little on how I got here:

First day outfit
Recreate the look:

Woke up at 3am to wait 10 hours in line with the roommate to sign up for fashion week volunteering. Many people had camped out all night! Don't mess with determined fashion students:
#freshmanprobs

Backstage selfie at Zang Toi, Red Carpet Reception where I got to be a dresser!

Due to licensing and legality reasons I'm not allowed to put up any backstage pictures from Zang Toi (sad face!) but below you can see the entire collection for yourself: (but I have to say, seeing the clothes up-close and in person is a whole other experience)



This week I'm also volunteering for an event called Coterie, a market event where buyers come to visit hundreds of amazing exhibitors. I will be part of the Ronen Chen exhibit (a stunning Israeli designer) and I can't express how excited I am to experience this side of fashion! At least this time I'll be able to post pics ;)
xo, Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment