Jan 4, 2013

Editor in Chief//Movie to Remember

Every time I find a wonderful fashion movie on Netflix, my heart bubbles with joy. No, really! And I may be behind because this came out in 2009, but I still found the entire movie (or should I say documentary?) very moving. Ever seen 'The September Issue'?


Its not outdated yet! In fact, darling Anna Wintour hasn't changed a bit. Oh how I wish I could meet this woman, who I admire even if she seems condescending, because after watching this movie you can really understand and look past this austere air. 
Here's a picture of her at WSJ. Magazines Awards 2012:


I remember first buying Vogue when I was younger, maybe 13, and always reading the editors note signed "Anna Wintour" and looking at the pictures thinking to myself she looked "strange". But as I immersed myself more and more into fashion and documentaries and books, nothing seems quite strange to me. Her hair cut and half smile grew on me all during 'The September Issue', and I realized how sweet she really looks! 

One of my other favorite faces from this documentary was Grace Coddington, who you get to know better than Anna in this film, and she was indeed my favorite. She had a charming and mystical vibe about her, shes just plain red headed fun. 
Grace Coddington

I also love seeing some Hamish Bowles and Andre Leon Tally, the whole Vogue office may seem quirky, heck the whole fashion world may seem quirky! But there have to be quirky people for life to be interesting, I mean drama and vibrancy and (to be cliche) glamour are the other half of the equation. Agree? Comment!

And just as an extra treat for looking at this post, here are some splendid pictures from the September Vogue 2007 issue:






          

I think what I often see it that people are frightened about fashion. Because it scares them or make them feel insecure they just put it down. On the whole people that may say, the many things about our world, I think that’s usually because they feel, in some ways, excluded or, you know, not a part of ‘the cool group’ so as a result they just mock it.

~Anna Wintour


Now, go watch it instantly!
XO

6 comments:

  1. omg im so like you, i only just got around to seeing this movie this year, but i really really loved it! so good!

    x

    ♥ Ellen
    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't it wonderful?? After that I watched L'amour Fou about YSL, totally recommend it! So many great scenes of Paris! ♥ and I just followed your blog :)

      Delete
  2. Think is on my must see list, thanks for reminding me about it x

    http://couturerequired.blogspot.co.uk/

    H X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen this film but it looks great! I'll have to see it!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited to stumble upon it, and the ratings dont do it justice, if youre a fashion lover you will love it! xx

      Delete