Jan 25, 2014

No boys allowed!

As you all may know, this summer I got the chance to spend a week in NYC. On one of my shopping escapades I picked up this one of a kind, 1950's vintage prom dress (which I wore to my senior homecoming!) and also had the best experience at Shareen, a spectacular vintage shop. 

Tulle, lace, and soft pastel blue.. sigh, I'm a girly girl.

The shop is on 13 West and 17th Street and you have to ring the buzzer to get in, there's also a signature red/pink dress hanging outside so you know you're at the right place:

photo via NYtimes

One of Shareen's other cool factors is that the shop is strictly NO boys allowed. This means you can try on clothes wherever you want in the store! The girls there were super sweet and helpful; the dress I saw was just what I had been dreaming of...




Here's a final pic of the dress pre-homecoming! :)

I'm a sucker for vintage, it's always a great way to go if you want to break away from the sea of plastic rhinestones and cheap looking laméplus it gives the dress so much more meaning! 

P.S. A VERY special thanks to Anna Pociask for taking phenomenal senior pictures (I'll post some more later) she has become a great friend and such an inspiring role model to me, check out more of her work here: Anna Pociask Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment